Featured Program: HOST
In partnership with the Petoskey Public Schools, Concord Academy in Petoskey & The Inland Lakes School District, we are bringing our Healthy Out Of School Time (HOST) program to 6 sites, new communities, & even more students!
HOST is the first-ever comprehensive national nutrition and physical activity standards for out-of-school programs for children in grades K-5. What’s more, the YMCA is going further by incorporating an educational and enrichment component to the national HOST standards. The Y’s comprehensive approach to out-of-school time is designed to provide children in our community the opportunity they need to learn, grow and thrive.
Registration forms can be found HERE or at our office. For more information, please get in touch with our member services team by calling 231-348-8393. You can also feel free to stop into our office at 434 E. Lake Street in Downtown Petoskey anytime from 9am - 3pm.
Please note: Availability is limited to 20 students per day. Please call our office to see what we days are available for your school.
- HOST will run for the whole school year.
- HOST will be offered Monday-Friday from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Families may sign up for individual days of care (limit of 20 students per day). Students must be registered one week in advance.
- Families can pay in full or monthly. Registration is ongoing with half month prorated pricing.
- On certain school holidays, in-service days or snow days HOST will be run from 9 am-5 pm at the First Presbyterian Church. Students who are enrolled for 4 or 5 days per week can attend this program at no additional cost. Students enrolled in 1, 2, or 3 days per week can attend for an additional fee. This service is only available to students who are enrolled in our regular HOST program.
- Daily serving of fruit, vegetable paired with a healthy snack.
- Offering water as the preferred drink option during snack times instead of juices, punch boxes or soda.
- 30 minutes of physical activity using an evidenced based CATCH curriculum.
- Dedicated homework time with scheduled visits from National Honor Society and Key Club members to tutor participants.
- Art, Science, seasonal and holiday based enrichment opportunities.
- Free time for students to unwind, socialize and play with peers.
Keep your kids active this fall by taking advantage of our Y programs!
For more information on the programs we offer, please visit our programs page or call our office at 231-348-8393
- HOST registration is open for the 2016-2017 school year! Click HERE for more information.
-Registration is open for our Fall program session! Click HERE for more information on the program we're offering this fall!
First day of school & HOST
September 19th - October 29th
Fall I program session